Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine Blessing

My baby girl Melissa will be 30 years old tomorrow on Valentine's Day. Where has the time gone? My girls, Angela and Melissa, were my whole life for so long, and I can't imagine life without them or my sweet grandbabies (Hunter, Ty, Melanee, Rebekah and Sam).

My daughters opened my eyes to what living is all about. They made me selfless, brave, compassionate, strong, joyous beyond measure, terrified, helpless, humble, proud (of them), embarrassed, ashamed (of myself), generous, capable, curious, trusting, suspicious, amazed, and on and on. they make my life complete, they made me "Ma-ma," "Mommy," "Mom," and "Mo-THER (with eye-roll)," and I survived it all to be a better person than I ever could have been without them. Most of all they taught me about unconditional love, and when you have that love for someone you can understand the love of God. And when you realize you can never, ever protect your child from every evil and danger this world holds no matter what sacrifice you make, it brings you to your knees before the only one whose sacrifice is enough.  And when that happens, life comes full circle.

I praise and thank my good and gracious God for the gift of my girls, and I thank my girls for helping me come to an understanding of the true sacrificial love and forgiveness that is my Jesus. I am blessed far beyond anything I could imagine or hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment